- For more information and prices, call (830) 730-6090
- We offer FREE demonstrations
What are supplemental devices?
Supplemental devices are devices that you can use at home to increase cognitive functioning and assists with many different symptoms. There are two types of supplemental devices. We carry Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS) devices.
Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) devices use flashes of lights and pulses of tones to guide the brain into various states of brainwave activity. AVE devices are often termed light and sound machines or mind machines.
Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS) devices is a non-invasive, painless brain stimulation treatment that uses direct electrical currents to stimulate specific parts of the brain. A constant, low-intensity current is passed through one electrode placed over the head which modulates neuronal activity.
What can supplemental devices help with?
Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) devices can help:
- Mood Instability
- Improve Sleep Patterns
- Sharpen the mind
- Increase the level of relaxation
Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS) devices can help:
- Enhance language and mathematical ability
- Attention Span
- Problem Solving
- Chronic Pain
Benefits of Supplemental Devices:
- A non-invasive and pain-free treatment
- May reduce the need for medication
- May provide treatment alternatives for those who cannot tolerate medication
- Provides other options when medication has not worked well-being
- An effective addition to traditional treatment modalities
- Helps individuals take charge of their health
- Improves language and mathematical ability
- Stress reduction
- Increased attention and concentration
- Relief from feelings of anxiety and depression
Information to Consider:
Here at InMindOut, we want to provide you with all of the information we can to help you make an informed decision. Please keep the following in mind:
For Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) devices, use is not recommended for migraines or if you experience seizures.
For Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS) devices, use is not recommended if you have an internal implant of any kind.