During quarantine, it’s easy to get sick of the same meals. It’s also quite stressful with many family members now home, who are in typically in the home that need to be fed.
During times like these, canned food is typical, but one food item that tends to last a while outside of a can or the refrigerator is Acorn Squash. It’s also sweet, which is helpful for youngsters looking for something scrumptious. It’s great to have a fresh veggie option.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons of marmalade (I prefer peach preserves)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and strings
- Place cut side down in shallow pan with ¼ inch of water
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Turn squash over, sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over the top of each half
- Spoonful 1-2 tablespoons of marmalade into each half
- Place under broiler 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
Let cool & Enjoy!
Heather Ingram, PsyD, BCB, BCN