- Offering FREE demonstrations for a limited time!
- For an appointment, please call (830) 730-6090
- For more Biofeedback information and resources go [HERE]
What is Biofeedback?
Biofeedback is a technique in which people learn to control physiological processes that are typically considered involuntary, such as heart rate, breathing, and temperature. You learn to monitor and regulate your mind and body in ways that promote mental and physical health and well-being. By receiving instant computerized feedback regarding these processes, you will learn to control, adjust, and correct inappropriate physiological processes, which will ultimately improve your health.
Biofeedback is not a passive measurement process nor a passive “treatment” process. There are various ways you can view this biological information. You can simply view the data as it changes or receive feedback via various interactive games. The process requires your active involvement in the training process in order for you to learn to control your body and improve your health.
What can Biofeedback help with?
- Substance Abuse
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Head Injuries/Migraines/Headaches
- Sleep Difficulties
- Hyperactivity/Impulse Control
- Test Anxiety
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities
Benefits of biofeedback include:
- A non-invasive and pain free treatment
- May reduce the need for medication
- May provide treatment alternatives for those who cannot tolerate medication
- Provides other options when medication has not worked well-being
- Effective addition to traditional treatment modalities
- Helps individuals take charge of their health
- Improves self-regulation of arousal levels
- Stress reduction
- Increased attention and concentration
- Relief from feelings of anxiety and depression
Contact Us To Schedule An Appointment Today